Thursday, December 20, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 20 - Hector Urbina


An actor's dreams and doubts Advent Calendar proudly presents - December 20 - Hector Urbina from Mexico. Hector gives 1000% all the time. It is lovely to watch Hector when he acts and in the process because he cares more than most. The word is his.





Some years ago I received a pocket notebook with plain pages as a Christmas gift. I was not sure what to write on it, perhaps notes about work or meetings. But one day while drinking a good cup of Coffee I started to write on this notebook about big things I wanted to accomplish. I found that putting things on paper gives a good feeling; it feels like taking the first step to materialize something that was just an idea. December has a special atmosphere, and for me is also an opportunity to reflect on my experiences over the year. In this period I take a look to recent and old notebooks I wrote and sometimes I get surprised on how close I get to things I wrote or also get surprised on how my perspective on life and events has evolved over time. I highly recommend you writing your goals and dreams on paper, it worths the effort!

About studying acting, I did not though or wrote about it, it just happened. I wanted to improve communication skills and then joined an acting class and it was then that I became interested in this craft. One of the things I enjoy about acting is to study and portray characters.  Characters are people who want something in life and make choices about it, the more specific the choices the more interesting. Characters sometimes struggle and doubt about their choices but more important they embrace their decisions and deal with them moment by moment.  In real life I also embrace my decisions, sometimes things go as planned and sometimes things go in the wrong direction, but something I learned to deal with tough moments is to always be calm, remain positive and be open minded. You never know where great ideas or solutions can come from!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment