Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 14 - Guillem Gallego


An actor's dreams and doubts Advent Calendar proudly presents - December 14 - Guillem Gallego from Spain. I haven't know Guillem for long but what strikes me about him is that he is remarkably friendly. He smiles and he asks how you are and he is really interested in knowing the answer. The word is his.

 
 

LET ME FLOW IT TO YOU.

 

I’m a Barcelonian living in Amsterdam.  
 
And in this new European times like the ones we are going thru, where the south struggles with a tough economic situation after been very spoiled and confused and the north uses its power to not help but to complicate more things in the south … I still declare myself everyday more and more in love with the fact I’m European and live in this amazing continent. And I’m sorry for those who do not believe in it because you may be missing on something very special.
 
The feeling of belonging to the old continent is also a great feeling too and I say that having lived in other continents. I feel so lucky I can live and learn from any of the beautiful places that form Europe .. just name them … Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Paris … come on … are you kidding me? Can it get any more interesting, any better?   
 
And after living 2 years in beautiful Amsterdam I have to say that this place has something very special. Adam is a beautiful quite town that unites unique people and energies. Is a place that welcomes everyone but that also makes sure everyone feels home.
 
Amsterdam defines a remarkable clash of culture and inspiration a place that is difficult to compare to any other.   
 
And of course like with anything else in life you have to be open to receive what this place is ready to give you, if you are open and can take it, Amsterdam will change you forever.
 
There is a Spanish saying that says … in the mixture resides beauty (lo bonito esta en la mezcla) something I really believe in and now after living here even more. To me this saying applied to Amsterdam describes the harmony of a city that in many senses maybe one of the most humanly advanced cities in the world. 
 
And to end this love letter Id like to mention one of the reasons why I love my live here and that is having had the opportunity to learn and meet great people. And some of this people are my acting class, a group of great individuals and actors that come from over the place that inspire me and allow me to express my self just the way I am.
 
So thank you Europe for being the one that allows us to move inside you and find out about all this great things and thank you Amsterdam for treating us even better than you would if we would have been born here.
 
With lots of respect.
 
Have a beautiful break and enjoy the love of the ones who love you …
 

December 14
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment