Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 19 - Cristina Bolis


An actor's dreams and doubts Advent Calendar proudly presents - December 19 - Cristina Bolis from Italy. Cristina is exciting and fun. She goes her own way and I am sure that she can make her dreams come true.

 

I Say ‘I’ll be home for Xmas’ and my mind goes instantly to the warm Bing Crosby’s voice.

One of the world’s most sold LP of all times, it is a Christmas classic in my family. You knew it was really Christmas when you were finally taking out the old vinyl and playing it.

TA DAA!!!!
 
 
that special atmosphere reveals, again,  year after year!
Tonight I am singing Christmas Carols, with Kim and some friends.
Tomorrow morning I am fling home to Pavia -my home town-, to stay with my parents and my sister. It is the usual Christmas, a repetitive tradition, really, so simple and yet it always finds ways to surprise you!
Just like the best of TV series: Ladies and Gents check it out, a new episode is coming soon!  
A glimpse of the last episodes, what was previously on “NATALE in CASA BOLIS”:

-Bing is gone!
An hilarious/delirious karaoke show is improvised to cover up the shocking and mysterious disappearance of the old vinyl from the shelf!
 
-Guess who is coming for dinner
How your Dad can get into a frantic three days house makeover to show off with your sister’s boyfriend.
 
-Le Poisson
A perfectly staged cooking show produced an astonishing 3 courses seafood menu that left everyone with the feeling of what it is to be a hot air balloon!
 
-Walt forever
Please do no disturb, we are having a Walt Disney marathon after lunch.
 
WHAT WILL BE THIS YEAR?
I will write down my list, Santa. My wish for this Christmas is: 
-Less presents and more presence.
                      (Great title for a new episode, huh?)
Since I started my acting training I have realized I have initiated a powerful and truthful journey towards the roots of inspiration. Gosh, it feels like being on an exploring expedition towards the sources of the Nile! In my ordinary everyday life I am (still) officially an architect, and that is creative enough to most of the people.
But it is not quite the same.

The performing arts, more then any other discipline I have tried so far, is the most direct, complete and bodily way of discovering the magic of the creative process.  At least to me. The endeavor of putting your self on a stage, learning the lines, embracing the character’s point of view, facing the other from a perspective of love corresponds deeply in facing your worst demons, your insecurities, your fears and your egocentric desperate need of consideration.
You soul shakes, pains and delights go through your body and mind (-and we know how much it should NOT be in the mind-) like electricity.
Then you stumble: why am I doing this?
Then you fall: I am never going to be able to do it the way it should be!
Then you rise: it feels so good, it feels so right!
Then you fall in love with your character again, you discover deeper nuances, more truthful meanings; the currents of emotion start supporting you in a stronger way but you have learned to steer the boat better:
you are not drifting anymore you are suddenly rafting!
God knows there are so many streams and rivers to navigate, the expedition cannot be stopped: the hunger will guide you and will make you keep going.
So Santa, please, let “presence” bring me on the stream I need to be!
Any river  will do, but I would really appreciate if could you seriously consider the Hudson  too ;-) ***MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL***
               
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment