Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Showtime!


The nerves are starting to kick in as we are approching show time. Will all the hard work pay off?

Getting good directions as an actor is gold. Some directors are better at giving directions than others. To follow the directions might sometimes mean killing your darlings which is not always easy. You have been working on a piece for some time and the idea of how it has to be has started rooting in your head.

This happens all the time and it is part of the process. Yesterday in class during the rehearsal of my scene I got some good directions. It took a while to sink in. It felt awkward at first and I was wondering how I could follow the directions without being false on stage. Now after a day I think I will be able to and I think that it will add a lot to the scene. Finding that balance and making what someone else tells you to do your own is a challenge.

If you want to see the result, if I actually manage to make my scene interesting, you can find all the details of our upcoming show below. This nice flyer is made by Amélie Onzon. If you want to see some more of her work have a look at her website. You can find the link under 'I can recommend' to the right.

I hope to see you at the show.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NUMBER TO BOOK TICKETS IS THIS ONE 020 6264695. NOT THE NUMBER ON THE FLYER.

Flyer by Amélie Onzon for Mulholland Academy.

Flyer by Amélie Onzon for Mulholland Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment